Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My Grandma Harper's Mexican Cornbread

I made this totally yummo cornbread tonight! It's my Grandma Harper's recipe. It's moist, flavorful, and just a bit ooey gooey :) You see, the cornbread is really a flavor delivery system for the sour cream, creamed corn, onions, jalapenos, and sharp cheddar cheese within. My Grandma also sometimes made this with ground beef cooked up inside. Since this is for a work luncheon as a side, I skipped the meat, but I highly recommend that version as well. Without further ado, on to the (super-easy) recipe!


Mexican Cornbread

2 c. corn meal
½ tsp. baking soda
½ c. flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1 large onion, chopped
4 jalapeno peppers
1 can cream style corn
½ c. Wesson oil (corn oil)
2 eggs
1 c. sour cream
2 c. grated sharp cheese
1 ½ lb. ground beef, fried

1. Mix all ingredients.
2. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
3. When done, take out of oven.

2 comments:

Yum Yucky said...

holy cow!2 it's cornbread! so I know this post is form 2007, but I had to comment anyway. I'm a sucker for cornbread. Greedy even.

Unknown said...

seems a nice meal, I want to try to make it, thanks friend for sharing his knowledge, greeting from Indonesian bloggers